Last night was the final family party for Head Start this year. I am so amazed at how much my son has learned. I love the program and the way is it set up to help parents help themselves. For the most part, it teaches us as much are the children. Colin came over for my birthday, so he attended it as well. We actually had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to have someone there with you to talk to. It was really nice. He actually got really involved and helped Skyler with his "Daddy" project. In head start, they have a push to get the fathers more involved, so they have two activities in the year that are just for the Dad and Child. My dad went last time with us and Colin pitched right in and helped him yesterday. I was very impressed. It says a lot about a man when he is not to afraid to make a connection with a child even if there isn't any promise of what the future will hold. We had a very good night.
April 20, 2007
Toot-Toot for Head Start
Last night was the final family party for Head Start this year. I am so amazed at how much my son has learned. I love the program and the way is it set up to help parents help themselves. For the most part, it teaches us as much are the children. Colin came over for my birthday, so he attended it as well. We actually had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to have someone there with you to talk to. It was really nice. He actually got really involved and helped Skyler with his "Daddy" project. In head start, they have a push to get the fathers more involved, so they have two activities in the year that are just for the Dad and Child. My dad went last time with us and Colin pitched right in and helped him yesterday. I was very impressed. It says a lot about a man when he is not to afraid to make a connection with a child even if there isn't any promise of what the future will hold. We had a very good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is SO CUTE!! How fun!! WOW he sounds like he is SO awesome!
Looks like you guys had a really great time. I hope you had a great weekend! Talk to you soon!
LOOVE the new page! SO SO CUTE! Where did you get that top banner with the fishies?! So cute!
I was just tired of the ones that they offer, so I googles blog backgrounds and found quite a few. I think that I need some help getting some of the stuff back, but I love this one. It is cute. I didn't know that it was possible, but they give you the html codes just like in MySpace. You have to make sure you find on the is linked to photobucket or such because if not they don't transfer everything.
Post a Comment