November 12, 2008

Second Summer in San Diego!!

Eric won a trip from work for the two of us to go to San Diego all expenses paid!! It was wonderful. We flew out of Salt Lake on Wednesday last week in a snow storm. The only bad part about that was that while de-icing the plane they broke the transmitter and we sat on the plan for two hours before unloading and waiting in the air port for two more hours before boarding a new plane... but all ended well. We arrived in San Diego about 5 on Wednesday night. Here is the view from our room. We stayed at the Paradice Point Resort in our own bungalow. It was amazing, we where right on the shore!!



HP also paid for us to go sailing!! So Thursday at 12:00 we boarded the sail boat. We got to the port a little early, so we walk around the Peir. This pelican was just hanging out watching a lady intently clean out a fish. I am just amazed at animals I have never seen before.



This is almost exactly like our boat. Our group of fifteen was split into two different sail boats. It was so amazing!! We went far enough out into the ocean that we where in Mexico!! lol So now I can say that I have been in Mexico too. This was such a wonderful expereince for my first time even seeing the ocean!!





While we where sailing back into the port, this Air Craft Carrier came cruising right into the port. It was totally amazing how fast in came in... it could have run circles around us!! And it is massive!!!


Friday Eric needed to visit some partners for work, so we drove out though other parts of San Diego. It was a lot of fun to see the different areas. Then we went to the Temple!!! It was so beautiful!! I seriously love it!! We even missed all the protesters apparently. They where there the next day. We spend the rest of the day shopping at Sea Port Village. There are so many interesting things that I haven't seen before!!


The flowers at our resort and at the temple are just amazing. Eric's favorite are the "bird of paradice" in the first picture here. I didn't get a very good picture, but they really are cool.



I had to take a picture of this dinner. Eric was required to attend some meetings and two of the meetings I was invited. This picture below was our dinner night. I have never seen shrimp so huge!! They where seriously a meal all alone!!

Saturday before out massages at the spa, we went to Cabrillo!! It was so cool! I loved this sign!! Look at the detail in that boat.



I love this picture!! We where allowed to go all the way into the top of the light house, but here is the picture that I took through the bars!! It is so cool!! I loved all the things are the light house and the military info that we got.



Then we headed down to the tide pools. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip!! I loved being so close the the water and watching it just crush into the rocks!!


I got the see a real crab!! If you look hard you can see it. lol And also a surfer!! Both first for me again.

I also loved this Navy Cemetary on the hill. There isn't a better place to be buried if you love the ocean.


We finished the spa that night and flew back to reality on Sunday. It was the most wonderful trip and I think that Eric and I both got so much out of just being together!! I can't wait to do it again!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

How fun!!! Love the pics. I LOVE The tidepools too, one of my fav spots to see as well!

LambFam said...

We stayed at that resort on our honeymoon it is a fun place! I would love to go enjoy the warm weather again. I'm glad you had fun. Sometimes its fun to get away for a while!!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

First of all, I am so jealous. I haven't been to San Diego for years, and I remember now how fun it was. Also, hooray for you guys and alone time. You did so many cool and fun things, lucky you! Great pictures! I miss the ocean now. :-D

Chad said...

Great pictures. The lighthouse looks a little cramped though. lol

Beaumont's said...

And where does he work agian? I need to get a job there! How lucky for you, I'm jeleous but happy for you at the same time.

Mariah Nielsen said...

How fun that you finally got to go to San Diego. I absolutely love California. It looks like you did so much fun stuff. That is great you took the time to go and spent time together!