July 31, 2007
Our First Stitches...Poor Skyler
These are the days when you really wish that you where a stay at home mom. I got a call from my mom yesterday about 10:30. She starts with are you busy, I said not really. She said, "Well your son needs to go to the emergency room. I think he needs stitches." That is when you heart drops and you get all panicy and want to fly right there. Skyler was playing on a trailer with his cousin. They had loaded there bikes on it and where just playing. Well they needed to come home and Skyler threw his bike off and got off the trailer. His cousin needed help with her bike so he was helping her lift it off from the trailer and it dropped on him. It caught his finger between the trailer and the bike and sliced it open pretty deep. He received nine stitches. He only cried when they gave the shots to numb it for a minute. He is a brave little boy!! I was ready to bail when the doctor spread it out a little to make sure that he got it cleaned out well. And dumb me, I had my camera the whole time, but didn't even think to take any pictures while we where there. lol I guess it just slips your mind. These where taken while we were changing the bandade that covers the stitches last night. We slso found a cut on the inside of his ear and bruises on his chest, but the doc said he would be fine. It was definately an insteresting day... sigh.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhh sad!! Poor Skyler!! How scary, I am not looking forward to those days!! I hope his finger is feeling better!!
Post a Comment