January 15, 2008

Birthday #6

This year for Skyler birthday we decided to just do a family at home party. Skyler and I worked together to make his cake on Sunday night and then on Monday night we had dinner and cake and ice cream with presents!!

His such a loving boy. I let him open one present on Monday morning before I left for work. He picked the box that had his yearly water globe in it. I think that was the most fun for me all day. He was totally excited about it. I recieved hug after hug. It was such a relief since I was worried he wasn't into cars any more. I am quite enjoying the fact that I get to do something special on his birthday every year. I know that he might grow out of collecting them, but right now it is so much fun to see his eyes light up.

He even lets the music be him night time song right now. It is so much fun. For Skyler's birthday dinner he wanted nothing but Mac n'Cheese and Chocolate Milk. He loved it. I think is was one of the first meals that I haven't had to fight him tooth and nail to eat!!



Today I went to school with Skyler. We where invited to bring a poster of our child and them take some time a tell everyone why he is a VIP for the day. It was fun. We took one of Skyler's favorite stories and read to the class. We then pasted out treats. It was a lot of fun!! He definately has a wonderful teacher!!





HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY SKYLER

3 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

Happy Birthday to Skyler!! How fun! You are such a great Mom!! I love the cake and the Bday gifts...and love the poster board you did for him! Awesome!

Marchelle said...

Thanks Jen!! I loved making that poster too. It was so much fun to go back through Skyler's scrap books and look at all his baby pictures. I didn't realize how happy it would make me to remember all the things he used to do. He was such a wonderful baby! It makes me so excited for the prospects of more!

Serena said...

That all looks so fun! Where do you find those globes that aren't Christmas-themed? I am glad he had a good birthday!