April 15, 2008

Update

Life is good. We have been busy, but things are mellowing out finally. Eric and I are feeling the growing pains of marriage finally. lol, But we can't complain too much. I miss having Skyler with us everyday, but I'm also dealing with that. It is only for a short time longer.

My job has been a real eye opener. I can't believe how many crazy kids there are out there. Working in the Court, I have learned so much and it really scares me to a point. I have been doing a ton of observations in the court from Court Hearings, to Detention hearings in the detention center, even probation meetings with the parents and the accused. It is so crazy!!! I can't believe how young and how many troubles that kids can find. I guess that might just be me growing up in such a sheltered area, but I am totally boggled. I don't know what to think. I so hope that my child can still be sheltered too. But once I am over the shock factor, I really have enjoyed my job. It is a good group of women and I really have enjoyed getting to know them.

More pictures are coming, they might just be out of commission for a while.

4 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

SO glad to see you back blogging! I have been checking everday and miss you!!
Good that your job is going well and you are ajdusting to everything!
I bet your job is a real eyeopener! yikes, scary to think of the trouble kids can get into!

Serena said...

I was never sheltered and I have to say that it has it's advantages. haha. I am glad to hear things are going well...

Brit said...

Hey this is britney(cox). it good to hear you and your family are so good. Your kids are addorable. I found you blog on Amy Jo's hope that you dont mind, this is an awesome way to stay in touch. hope to hear from ya.

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going good with your job! I'm sure it is really hard to be without Skyler, luckily it won't be too much longer!