October 15, 2008

Kaysville Dragon's Jog-a-thon

I am a little slow in posting this, but still thought it was a fun event. At Skyler's school there one fundraising event for the year is a Jog-a-thon. It work much like the March of Dimes as far as the donations go. Friday Oct 3 the event happened. It reminded me of a minnie marathon... with me manning the water station, lol. The kids ran around the track at the school and just had a blast.

These are the cute shirts that all the kids got!! They where a surprise and the kids loved them.

Principal Diddle with the Jog-a-thon Torch lead the way for the first lap.

Mrs. Knavel is Skyler's teacher, she is the blond woman doing the "warm-up" in this picture.

Each class made there own banner. They all ran out on the field threw a tunnel of parent and volunteers with there banner leading the way. It was tons of fun for the kids. By the way, they broke the grades up so K-3rd ran together and 4th-6th ran together. I should have taken a picture of just how many kids are in K-3rd. It was HUGE!! I don't even think Minersville has that many kids in the whole school!!

A tired Skyler after running a few laps.

The kids in Skyler's class all sat down to await their treat.

And now they SWARM the teacher. lol They also did a drawing for all the kids that brought back an envelope. I really liked that everyone was entered and they didn't base the prizes on how much you collected. Skyler didn't win a prize, but I still think if was a much more fair way to work prizes for a whole school.

5 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

how fun!! yes lets get together...football party sounds fun. Scott would LOVE it too. We have fam in town this weekend but lets see about next!!

Serena said...

That is so cute, I just love it! He always takes such good pics! :)

Victoria said...

That looks so fun!! Skyler is getting so big. He's a cutie!!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

What a great idea. It looks like Skyler had a great time, and I agree - he's getting so big!

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

I know I've said this before, but Skyler is so big! I cannot get over it! He looks like he had a great day!