March 2, 2009

The Draper Temple


We went to Open House this weekend as a family. It was so wonderful to be in the House of the Lord once again. It just makes me even more excited for the things that are to come soon. The kids loved being there too. They didn't like the long lines that we had to wait in, but it was worth it. The temple is so special and I am so excited to be worthy to attend once again. What a wonderful spirit resides there even without it being dedicated.

After going through the temple they have the meeting house right next to it set up with all the most beautiful pictures. That is where we took this one of the savior and our family. The art work is so amazing both in the temple and in the Church!!

We went to lunch after the temple and it was so much fun. This was one of our best Family days that be have had in a while. I don't even think that I or Eric ended up wanted to strangle the kids too much, lol.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

That looks like so much fun!! Cute family:)

Chad said...

Looks like you all had a great time. :) Great pics.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Oh, I'm so jealous you got to go and I didn't. It looks beautiful - I'm a huge fan of the temple, too! Also, what a great family day!

Jennifer Bowman said...

what a nice time! we are giong in a few weeks too! YAY!

Janet said...

It's always a good sign when you don't want to strangle the kids. I'm still laughing about that.

What a cool experience. Shannon and N8 took their kids too and they are still talking about it.
Let me know when you get there. I am so happy for you.

Serena said...

We went and did this about a month ago. I think the best part was all of the amazing artwork, for sure! Let me know when you guys are ready for a playdate. :)

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

It looks like you had a great time! The temple is beautiful and I love going. Your pictures are great!