June 18, 2009

Where is summer?


Well June is floating down the road quite quickly!! I can't believe that there are only two weeks left... For us it has just been baseball, rain-out, baseball make-up and more baseball. Hopefully after this week we will be all done... with the regular league. Brenden made the All-star team, so we will be having more games until the end of July.

Can you believe this rain though? We did have so many plans for the summer and as of yet, we haven't been able to do many of them... I know I shouldn't be complaining.. It is helping the farmer. I am just ready for a nice summer day!!



Another good note, Eric and I will be sealed in the Temple on August 15th. We are soooo excited. I can't believe that the day has finally come, but I really am so excited!! If you want to come just email me and I will let you know what time and where we are having it. This is such a huge blessing for us!! Skyler is a little sad because we will not be able to seal any of the kids to us, but he knows that he just needs to live his life worthy so that he can go through the temple on his own and then everything will work out like it should. That makes me try harder to prepare him for all of crazy things that might tempt him too. It really has helped me to see the importance of doing all the little things daily!! Scripture study and pray are so important to staying focused on the Savior and the plan of happiness.

4 comments:

Kiana Don said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! August will be here before you know it and you will be so happy! That is tough about Skyler, but what a great mom you are to take it as you do and help him prepare now! Wow. I am so excited for you! A million congrats to you, I would love to be there with my husband---I'll try and get on that. ha ha! j/k. But congrats, you deserve all kinds of happiness!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Wow! How exciting! I agree about the little things - it's true how important they are. It seems like you're doing well. We were up in Salt Lake this week but were soooo busy. One of these days we'll have to hang out again, for sure. Take care, and please e-mail me about the temple - August is crazy for us, but there's always a chance :)

Seth and Mariah said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is the best news ever! I am so excited for you both, that will be such a huge blessing in your life! Yeah! Yes, tell me where you are getting sealed and I will see if it works out. That would be so awesome to be there. Yeah..I am just so happy for you.
And I totally agree with the part about summer...I feel cheated and like it will be winter again before I know it and I never got a summer. :)

Marilea said...

when will Skyler be able to go to the temple? If your Dad is in the Bishopric, can you do me a favor? Can you do me a favor? ask him if LaVar and I need to have sealed to us Our two stillborn baby boys? Thanks alot, I get a lot of conflicting answers. I went to the temple and I had Lavar sealed to me close to our aniversery October 22, and I was sealed to my parents on 08-08-08. I first went through the temple on 07-07-07 and that was the day before my birthday and someone said it would be an easy day for me to remember and later someone commented on the day. So both days are cosideeered lucky. Lucky for me!!! marilea