August 26, 2009

2nd Grade is way to big...

Skyler is growing up way to fast. As I went to take him into the school on Monday morning it was raining, so I decided to drive him even though we only live 1 1/2 blocks away from the school. We parked across the street from the school because there where to many cars there and as we went to cross the street, I reached down to take Skyler's hand. He wouldn't let me have it. He said, "If you just walk next to me, maybe they will just think you are a teacher". Oooh, I about started crying... he is now to big to hold his mom's hand or to hug me in front of his friends. I knew the day was coming, I just wasn't prepared for it so soon. I did manage to pull it together and just laugh it off, but it was still really an eye opener to how much Skyler has grown. He wouldn't even let me take a good picture of him before I left his class. This is the one that I got.


It's a good thing that I was already on my way to the temple and had something else to occupy my morning (On a side note:see below). His childhood is slipping by so quickly!! He totally refused to wear anything that I suggested. He picked out every thing that day!! He loves school and is loving his new teacher so all is good on that front. He was also a little worried about making new friends since there are only a couple who where in his class last year, but he has been coming home happy and says he is enjoying the days.

Side note: I was able to attend a session at the Salt Lake Temple on Monday and I was just amazed!! I have never been through that specific temple or through a live session for that matter and I loved it. The temple is so beautiful!! It is totally different then every other temple that I have been too. If you get the chance to do a session there, I would so take it. I was truly amazed!! It was wonderful! I totally want to find out more and more about why it is the way it is...

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, it's hard when they won't hold your hand anymore....but on a happy note, sounds like the Temple was awesome!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I agree w/ everything on this post. Kids grow up WAY too fast, and I don't like it at all. And the Salt Lake Temple is amazing!!!

Marilea said...

I am so glad that Skyler likes school
He will give me a hug and a kiss when he comes here, but not anymore than that. I really enjoy him, when he comes here. It is the highlight of my life.

Love always and forever,
marilea (grandma-ma)

P.S. I had my temple recommend renewed in May.

Jennifer Bowman said...

Ohh he is growing so fast, he looks so old in that picture!!

I am so happy for you that you get to go to the temple! YAY!

Call me when you pass through here or stop bye! Or we should meet somewhere in the middle, I would love it!!

Seth and Mariah said...

Isn't the SL Temple great? I like live sessions, they keep it interesting! :) Glad to see you had so much support at your sealing!