Today my mind seem to be bogged down with so many thoughts of the past. It has been almost a year now since I received my full membership back and I am so blessed in millions of ways and yet I still feel like I am lost at times. I want to be so perfect, to live so that I will be able to live in the presence of my Heavenly Parents one day. It is a constant struggle and discouraging at times. There seems to always be something that I missed doing or something that I didn't know that I should have been doing. I know that learning is the purpose of this life. I know that trials make us stronger in the end and that we are blessed despite the struggles. I just need to get better at doing the little things... reading my scriptures, praying night and day, and seeking the spirit. I know they make all the difference! Having my mind refocused on the Lord each and everyday helps me to make the right choices and keeps the memories of the past at bay. So I am making it official here that I will be more diligent in daily scripture study for myself as well as with my family and that I will seek the opportunity each morning to ask for the spirit to guide me. While I was driving to Nephi to pick up Skyler today I heard part of a conference talk where the lady speaking was talking about safety gear and how the Lord has already given us all that we need to keep us safe, we just have to choose to use it. That is me and I am committed to using it all!!
9 comments:
Thanks so much for the reminder. I especially needed to hear this today! Thanks for being a great example :)
I needed the reminder too. I still struggle with daily scripture study and I know that if I would "stay in the habit" it would help me with so many challenges. Thank you for you post. I really did need to read that, and thank you for staying strong!
I think as a mom that the little things are the hardest to do daily. It always seems like there are so many other things that need to be done. I always struggle at scripture reading but realize how much I need it when I finally sit down and do it.
What a great reminder! You are great and such an amazing example!
Oh Charmelle (remember we used to call you that), you are such a good example to the rest of us. You are quite the woman!!
I heard that same talk about using your safety gear a couple days ago. It was Sister Dibb (President Monson's daughter). So true, we have what we need we just need to use it. Keep up the good work.
thanks for the reminder! you just voiced how I feel so often.
Post a Comment