March 13, 2010

We love FREEBIES!

Today I took Skyler and Abby to the "Build and Grow" class at Lowe's. It's totally free!! On their first time they get an apron, goggles, and a project (they are supposed to keep bring the apron and goggles, they get a project every time). This week they made Table Top Basketball hoops. The kids lived it. It took us less than a half hour and they have been playing with them all day! I just thought I would share because I would love to hear about anymore free programs that are being run in the area... if you know of any let me in on it...lol.



At the completion of the project they also got a badge to sew onto their aprons! They loved that too. It is my understanding that they do the classes every other week. You do have to sign up on-line before the class, but just go to the Lowe's website and search for "Build and Grow". This also lists any Lowe's stores that participates. I think it is a nationwide thing!

3 comments:

Marchelle said...

Oh yeah and the hat Skyler is wearing, he wouldn't leave home without it... we tried... silly boy!

Janet said...

I think this is such a cool thing to do. Before Andrea had Bo, she used to take her boys there almost every Sat. and I couldn't believe the things the did.

By the way, tell Skyler I think his hat is cool too!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

What a great idea. Too bad we don't live closer to a Lowe's. I know they do similar "classes" at Michael's (crafts), but I don't know any details.