November 26, 2007

What Thanksgiving?

Eric has been giving me the hardest time about just skipping right over Thanksgiving. It has always been tradition to have your tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving at my house, so that's what I did. He is just laughing because my mom and both of my sister had their trees up a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. But even with all the teasing, I still will do it every year. I love my family and the traditions that we have in place. I love to have them so close and to be able to spend loads of time with them.

This last week has been filled with a few different situations for us. My grandpa Hayward, the one that I live with, had a heart attack last Saturday. He is doing much better and got out of the hospital on Tuesday. But he can't lift anything for a while so my mom's brother and sisters decided that my grandma, who needs help walking and it requires a lot of lifting, needed to go to the care center to be properly taken care of for a while. For me, it just puts things into light as to how fragile life is and how fast the good times fly. My grandma is only 65 and she can no longer walk alone, eat by herself and her throat is slowly closing off so that soon she won't be able to eat at all or breath eventually. It is just so sad. I am so happy that I know that this is not the end for her. I know that one day soon she will be in a place where she will have a perfect body once again. I think the hardest part for her right now is that she can think just as well as she always has, but now nothing works the way she wants it too. It is wonderful to know that she won't be trapped in that diseased body for very much longer. She will be happy once more. I am so greatful for the memories that I was able to make with my grandma and that I can remember the wonderful grandma that she has always been. It makes that drive for an enternal family even stronger.

I am so excited and thankful to have Eric in my life now. I know that things are going to be wonderful with him as they are now. I know it will be work at times, we are both hard headed, but I am looking forward to that lasting enternal bond.

I am so greatful for my son!! He is the joy of my life now. He is so much fun and I love him more with each day. He spend most of the weekend with his dad and I was actually alone. I think these are the weekends that I actually go crazy...so to speak. I have time to think and to reflect on where we are headed. I think I usually come out of it with a stronger resolve to be a better example, to be a better mom by practicing what I preach. I need to set the example in the gospel so that my son will want to grow up and choose the right path. I know that there will come a day in him road in life where he will have to choose which path to take, I want to be confident that he will choose to turn to the light. Skyler's dad and I are on two different paths ourselves, I just want to teach my son so that he can set his own path that will be right for him in everyway.

Yes I'm in a sappy mood and I am greatful for the chance I have to share my feelings with wonderful friends and family... it's the start of a very wonderful Christmas season!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Bowman said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa but glad he is doing better. Also so sorry about your Grandma :( I knew she has been sick - what is wrong again? I loved reading this blog & your thoughts and what you are grateful for! You are the best!

Marchelle said...

My grandma has a form of parkenson's disease called PHP. There is no cure and they don't even have any medicine to stop it or slow it down. It is really strange to think back two only a couple of years ago and see my grandma how she really should be. Goodness, it makes me so glad for the atonement. Thoughts of living without ever seeing her again because of my chooses really adds some incentive to my struggles. Thanks for caring Jenny, you are a wonderful friend.

Serena said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma and grandpa. It is always hard to watch a loved one pass on. Especially, when you are so close to them. (I am sure that my brother has told you about my dad.) Does Skyler understand at all? I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You're such a great mommy and person!