
As we approach the final few days before Skyler's "BIG" birthday, I find myself thinking more and more about being a good mom. Does anyone else feel this way? Now that he is turning eight and going to be held accountable for his own actions, I can't help but wonder if I have taught him all that he needs to know to make the right choices. I know that he will still be learning and growing but have I given him the skills to make the tough choices that he will face? Have I taught him how to repent and ask for Heavenly Fathers help? Will he choose to follow the plan of happiness? Working in the Juvenile court I see so many young kids who haven't made the right choices and seem to be so lost. It is such a sad thing!
I know that I am so blessed to have the holy ghost as a guide and to know what is right from wrong. Skyler is a very strong headed boy and sometimes he chooses to go against me just because it is me asking. I can totally see more conflicts in the future. Skyler also has a leader spirit and I know that if he chooses to, he will be a strong and steady example... A Primary song completely expresses all the things that I wonder.
How Will They Know?
How will they know, the ones for whom we care,
That God is love and with us ev’rywhere,
That life is good, with blessings all can share?
How will they know unless we teach them so?
How will they learn that, though they go astray,
God will forgive and help them find the way?
How will they feel the Spirit day by day?
How will they know unless we teach them so?
How will they grow in wisdom and delight?
How will they choose to follow what is right?
How can they trust the future will be bright?
How will they know unless we show them?
How will they live when they at last are grown?
What will they give to children of their own?
Will they reflect the values we have shown?
How will they know, as on through life they go?
How will they know unless we strive to teach them so?
I will just have to put my trust in the Lord and be confident that He knows what is best for Skyler. It is such a reassurance to know that He knows everything that will happen and our lives can be guided by him if we follow the commandments.
FYI (for planning purposes): Skyler will be getting baptized on February 6 at 11:00 in Minersville. We will be sending out invites when I get them back...
5 comments:
We are planning to be there (so exciting!), but we will let you know for sure in the next couple of weeks. :)
Just your thoughts and the song make me know what a wonderful mom you are and that he has been so blessed to be taught by you. You are such a great mom, and he his blessed to have you!!! I love the beautiful pictures too!!
Congrats to Skyler! And you are a great, fun, awesome mom! I am sure you taught him well!
Thank you so much for this post. I really needed the reminder of the importance of being a mom. The words of this song are so beautiful, too. Congrats to Skyler, and keep up the good work, Mom.
I love this post. I was just listening to that song yesterday and wondering if I am teaching my kids the things they really need to know and just as important if I am being a good example. I hope so, this mom stuff is pretty hard sometimes.
Post a Comment