October 14, 2010

Frightmares

Saturday we ventured out to Lagoon with Robyn and Allison and family. They really do have it decorated quite cute! The kids loved riding the rides all day and I loved catching up with the women.



The funniest/saddest part of the day happened after 3:00 when the spook alleys opened. Skyler and about 6 of the rest of the kids wanted to do at least one. Well the "Junkyard" was not open and it was rated the least scary, so the kids thought that going to the "Fun House of Fear" would be fine. We stood in line and entered the fun house. They passed out 3D glasses and in we went. Not one room after we started Skyler and one of the girls where glued to me. I could hardly walk. But that didn't matter because anytime anything spooked them they would freeze and it would take physically pushing them to get them to move on. They hated it!!! Skyler was in actual tears by the time we got through it, as where some of the girls. It was totally a great lesson on just because everyone else thinks something is the thing to do, doesn't mean that you should do it. It was sad to see the kids so afraid, but at least we got something out of it. And for me, for once I wasn't scared. I hate those places, but this time the mother instinct must have kept for from paying much attention.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love the pictures, and you are such a good mom!!

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

I have always hated any kind of spook alley or haunted house. You were brave to even go in! Nate took my kids through the elementary spook alley because I wouldn't go in!